Boat deck chairs add style and comfort to your boat. These chairs are designed for larger boats over 30 feet long such as sedans and trawlers. These boats often have large deck areas in the back without built-in seating. Deck chairs mix style and comfort by matching the look of the boat while also adding seating for guests. Our guide reviews the best deck chair choices so you can buy the right chairs for your boat.
Best Boat Deck Chairs
Here are our boat deck chair reviews.
This seat from Leader Accessories has a sturdy, low profile design. The low profile design may be helpful for guests who are prone to seasickness because it reduces the distance the guest’s body moves while the boat is rocking. This seat is available in three different colors, and while it is sold in units of one each, it is priced so that you can buy a set of 2-6 to fill out your boat’s deck area.
- Available in three different colors
- UV & Mildew resistant marine-grade vinyl
- Folds down easily for transportation
The Leadpro Folding Deck Chair Boat Seat is built sensibly for use on your boat. It folds flat when you need a clear deck, and it uses double legs with eight total rubberized feet for stability while protecting your boat’s deck.
- Available in three colors
- Durable anodized aluminum frame resists corrosion
- Folds down easily for transporting when not in use
The Wise 3316 is a good value, especially if you plan to buy four or more chairs. This chair is at a lower price point, but it does not have the double leg design that many chairs have for stability. In addition to the lower price, this chair weighs a little less and is a little more convenient on smaller boats.
- This comfortable folding chair is ideal for boat decks, docks, and patios
- Durable anodized aluminum frame with composite leg tips to protect the deck
- Long-lasting injection molded high impact plastic seat base frame and high compression foam padding for comfort
This folding deck chair from Wise spares no expense. With double feet, a locking bracket in the rear, and a solid anodized aluminum frame, this chair is comfortable for relaxing on the deck or fighting medium-sized fish.
- Available in three colors
- Anodized aluminum frame
- Locking bracket in the rear
The Garelick EEz-In Mariner Chair is built for fighting medium-sized fish on a fishing boat. This chair has a marlin embroidered on the back and it is built with solid plastic and padded arm wrests for fishing in comfort.
- Beautiful sewn cushions and armrests with marlin design for fighting fish
- HDPE seat and back resist rot and warpage
- Eight legged frame for extra stability
The Seachoice High-Back Canvas Folding Chair maximizes comfort for lounging on your boat’s deck. These chairs have solid wood armrests for style and extra-large canvas for comfort. The chair folds completely flat, for storage on your boat or transport to use on your home deck or campsite.
- High-back canvas chair is extremely comfortable
- Features varnished wood armrests
- One inch anodized aluminum frame is strong and lightweight
This set of two FORMA Marine Navy Blue High Back Deck Chairs looks like they belong on a cruise ship, and they will fit right in on your boat. These chairs have beautifully rounded teak armrests and fine stitching in the canvas. They will add a touch of class to any boat.
- Beautifully rounded teak armrests
- Embroidered helm design on the backrest
- Specially designed anti-skid smooth leg tips on dual legs that do not mark boat decks
The Wise 8WD015-6-710 Standard Pilot Chair is designed for permanent installation on your boat. This chair features a solid design with a pedestal and a warranty on the frame and vinyl. Your passengers will be comfortable with this chair attached to your boat’s deck.
- Roto-Molded Chair with snap-on cushion set
- Includes adjustable pedestal and seat slide
- 5-year frame warranty and 3-year vinyl warranty
Garelick’s Deck and Yacht Chair is another cruise ship style deck chair for your boat. This chair is durable, stylish, and comfortable. With teak handles and navy blue canvas, this style will match many boats.
- Clear satin anodized finish
- Double leg design with cross-bar for added stability
- High-back frame for comfortable seating
The SeaTeak Windrift Folding 6-Position Deck Armchair makes a bold statement because this chair is all teak. The design makes the chair comfortable, but you will not miss the all teak design.
- Constructed of stainless steel legs and hardware
- Back reclines to 6 positions
- Constructed with responsibly harvested 100% solid teak
Buyer’s Guide – Choosing the Right Desk Chairs for your boat
Deck chairs are an important addition to larger boas. Open deck space is great while fishing or carrying on other activities, but when boats are built with large spaces without built-in seating deck chairs help to keep guests comfortable and enjoy the surroundings. When choosing a chair it is important to consider the chair’s primary purpose.
Fishing chairs are made with vinyl and solid double frames. The vinyl is easy to clean in case bait or fish get the chair dirty. The solid double frames are important while fighting big fish. While deck chairs are not “fighting chairs” with leather belts for the fisherman and pole, they do help to be comfortable while fishing.
Sun is abundant while boating, and a good deck chair is perfect for tanning in the sun. Canvas or teak chairs are the most comfortable while lounging in the sun. These chairs fully recline, and the canvas is soft and comfortable while relaxing. These chairs are very stylish, so it is important to choose a chair that matches your boat’s décor.
When choosing a chair for your boat’s deck, not just any chair will do. Boat deck chairs are specially designed with stainless steel hardware and UV resistant materials. Non-marking rubber feet are important because they prevent damage to fiberglass or teak decks.