Boat owners love to show off their boat, and quality boat polish is the best way to maintain your boat’s showroom shine. Detailing your boat with the best boat polish requires a methodical approach to selecting the right product. Teak, stainless steel, aluminum, and fiberglass each require specific formulas to remove oxidation, restore imperfections, and protect your boat from sun and weather.
In our guide, we’ll review the highest rated products for each application. Our detailed product reviews will help you choose the right product based on your boat’s components and the degree of wear. Our guide helps you to choose products based on your boat’s requirements and the level of difficulty of application, from beginner products to products for professional detailers that include specialized equipment.
Best Boat Polishes
Here’s our picks for the best boat polishes:
Meguiars is among the most trusted brands in auto, boat, and RV care. This three step fiberglass restoration system is “the works.” The oxidation remover, wax, and polish clean, restore, and protect your fiberglass hull.
- Brings old fiberglass back to life
- Protection that’s long lasting and durable
- Includes a high gloss polish that makes boats shine
Meguiars calls this product their flagship premium for a reason. You can feel the quality in the bottle while applying this powerful compound. Results are immediate and bring a lasting shine to your boat.
- Enriches color and shine
- Protects against UV damage
- Simple three step process; just wash, apply, and remove
This is Meguiars most versatile product. Cleans and protects all in one step. This product is perfect for those who want quick results.
- Cleans and restores surfaces to an amazing shine
- Versatile formula yields amazing results by hand or machine
- Simple one step process
Brasso is the classic metal polish trusted by the military for years. When caring for your boat, don’t forget to shine the cleats and metal hardware. Brasso prevents oxidation and brings out the shine on the finer points on your boat.
- Brass, Copper, Stainless, Chrome, Aluminum, Pewter Bronze
Star Brite’s Marine Polish is uniquely formulated for a high gloss finish. Use this product on boats with light oxidation. For best results with Star Brite’s proprietary PTEF formula, use two coats of this product.
- Specially formulated for use on fiberglass, metal, plexiglass, or painted surfaces
- Maximum UV protection lasts 4-5 times longer than other Marine waxes
- PTEF is the slickest non-stick material ever developed and it will actually increase hull speed
Marine Aluminum Restorer and Polish by 3M will make your pontoon or aluminum hull boat look brand new. This product removes oxidation from weathered and pitted aluminum hulls. It can be buffed to a shine by hand or with a polisher.
- Restore and polish marine hardware, trim, or entire hulls
- Removes heavy oxidation and chalking from sun, water, and weather
- Restores bare, painted, or brushed aluminum to original luster
Star Brite’s Vinyl Cleaner, Polish, and Protectant is a thick product that is specially formulated for Marine Vinyl. This product soaks in and protects your soft vinyl from the harsh sun and ocean spray. Application is easy, just wipe on, let dry, then buff out.
- Deep-cleans vinyl to remove tough, ground-in dirt
- Cleans, shines and protects all vinyl surfaces
- Easy to apply; wipe on, let dry, buff off
Meguiars Marine/RV Polish and Gloss enhancer brings a showroom shine to your boat’s hull. For best results, use an electric polisher on a well-maintained hull. This formula is especially effective on dark colored fiberglass.
- Restores brilliant gloss on fiberglass and painted RV surfaces
- Restores valuable oils to feed and nourish the fiberglass
- Especially effective on dark colors
Noxon Metal Polish cleans and shines all types of metal including stainless steel, aluminum, chrome, and brass. This formula is perfect for Marine applications, bringing a stunning shine to even the smallest pieces of hardware. Application is easy, just rub on and rub off.
- Cleans & shines a variety of metals.
- Easy to use thick formula
- Used for: stainless steel, aluminium, chrome, pewter, brass, bronze, and copper
3M Marine Cleaner and Wax treats light oxidation, and buffs to a shine. The multi-purpose formula cleans and polishes in one application. Frequent use will preserve and protect your boat’s hull for lasting value.
- Designed to remove light to medium oxidation
- Cleans, polishes, and protects fiberglass/gelcoat
- Unique formula combines compound and waxes
Star Brite Chrome and Stainless Polish is important to protect your boat’s hardware from corrosion and oxidation. This simple wipe on/wipe off formula protects and restores chrome and stainless steel hardware. Rub this product onto oxidation or rust to remove the discoloration and bring out a lasting shine.
- Restores and shines all chrome and stainless steel surfaces
- Leaves a protective barrier against pitting, salt deposits, discoloration, staining or rusting
- Marine grade formula resists salt water spray providing long-lasting protection & shine
Star Brite’s Vinyl Cleaner, Polish, and Protectant is a thick product that is specially formulated for marine vinyl. This product soaks in and protects your soft vinyl from the harsh sun and ocean spray. Application is easy, just wipe on, let dry, then buff out.
- Formulated to preserve the finish of aluminum pontoon boats, canoes and Jon boats
- PTEF polymers provide UV protection and help repel dirt and stains
- Use after Aluminum Cleaner/Restorer to enhance the look of older boats
Boat Juice is an essential product to clean and protect your boat’s interior vinyl and upholstery. This product comes in a convenient spray pump bottle. Boat Juice cleans tough to remove stains and leaves a lasting pleasant smell.
- Clean your boat interior easier
- Efficient, effective, and smells so good
- Quick and effective
3M Perfect It Light Cutting Polish+Wax is intended to bring out the shine in fiberglass that still maintains it’s factory shine. This product is the final step after the fiberglass is cleaned. Use of an electric polisher is recommended for all but small areas.
- Polish and wax gelcoat in one step
- Scientifically formulated to remove small scratches, swirl marks, and defects from boats and RVs
- Helps protect against wind, water, and weather
Chemical Guys Marine and Boat Heavy Compound is one step restoration in a bottle. This product will take years off of aging fiberglass. The Heavy Boat Compound is an abrasive that restores imperfection. Follow on polish coats are necessary to protect the fiberglass and bring out the shine.
- Removes deep defects and scratches
- Polishes gelcoat, fiberglass, and more
- Advanced abrasive technology
Chemical Guys Boat Revive Polish is the final step after the heavy compound. The easy to use formula is simple to apply and the application process is forgiving for first time users. Use the Revive Polish with an electric polisher to finalize your showroom shine.
- Removes defects and scratches
- Polishes gelcoat, fiberglass, and more
- Easy to use formula
Aluma Bright is a 1 gallon quantity highly concentrated detergent. Use this product to bust through stains and black streaks. Application is easy, just spray on with a foam sprayer, scrub, and rinse with cold pressurized water.
- Aluminum Cleaner, Aluminum Brightener, and Restorer
- Works quickly to bring back dirty, oxidized, or stained aluminum. Simply spray on with a pump sprayer, allow to product to “sit” and foam up. Rinse with cold pressurized water.
- Highly concentrated and non fuming detergent. Removes aluminum stains, carbon, diesel exhaust smoke, grease and oils.
This product includes two quarts of aluminum cleaner and one quart of aluminum protectant. The aluminum cleaner is a powerful solvent that can be used straight or diluted 10:1 with water. The metal protectant is the final step, which gives your boat’s metal hull lasting protection.
- Amazing Aluminum Cleaner
- Used for most any Aluminum Application
- Can be used for Pontoons, Boats and more!
Presto Gelcoat Rejuvenator brings new life to old boats. Just follow the simple directions and prepare to be amazed at the results. This formula will last for years and protect your boat’s lasting shine.
- Restores and protects color & shine on fiberglass gelcoat and plastics
- Does not require wet sanding, buffing and waxing
- Stops fading and protects the surface with 100% UV block
Rolite’s industrial strength fiberglass polish is the choice of professional detailers. This product is a pure polish, and it is available in large quantities for frequent use or large jobs. For best results, use an electric polisher.
- Cleans, reconditions, and protects
- Produces a brilliant shine
- Easy to use by hand or with a buffer
Gel Gloss RV Polish and Protector works in volume. This one gallon quantity is perfect for all-in-one large jobs. Application by hand is easy, just rub it in, let it dry, then buff to a shine.
- Polishes fiberglass, acrylic, and cultured marble
- Polishes, protects, and polishes
- Includes carnauba and other waxes
Better Boat Marine Polish is Amazon’s choice for boat or auto use. This product restores your boat’s original color and seals the gelcoat for lasting protection. The slick finish with carnauba wax will help your boat glide through the water.
- Restores color and leaves a high gloss finish
- Seals to increase durability and protect against corrosion
- Polishes fiberglass gel coat and painted surfaces
This kit includes a Porter Cable polisher with Marine 31 polish and wax. Use the Marine 31 carnauba wax to restore slight imperfections in the gel coat. The polish used with the porter cable polisher brings the highest quality shine to your boat.
- Includes Porter Cable variable speed polisher
- Includes 16oz Marine 31 Gel Coat Polish and Wax
- Includes 16 oz Marine 31 Carnauba wax and sealant
This is the heavy duty kit with Porter Cable polisher, oxidation remover, and Marine 31 polish and wax. The oxidation remover is required before proceeding further polishing weathered fiberglass. The polish and wax used with the porter cable polisher completes the highest quality shine to your boat.
- Includes Porter Cable variable speed polisher
- Includes oxidation cleaner, polish, and carnauba wax
- Includes wax and shine detail spray
Marine Teak Oil by Cura Lignum brings a superior luster to your boat’s hardwood finish. Linseed oil is an all natural product that saturates the wood with essential oils, providing lasting protection. Application is easy, just wipe on the Teak Oil with a cloth then wipe off the excess for amazing results.
- Linseed oil preserves and polishes wooden surfaces
- Can be used on all kinds of wooden surfaces to restore natural color
- Removes stains and protects surfaces against water and damage
Seneca’s detailer starter kit offers everything your boat needs from bow to stern. This incredible kit includes 7 polishing and cleaning products such as soap, polish, and wax. Use the included applicator and removal pads for waxing, and the bone sponge and microfiber towel for cleaning.
- Kit includes genuine Yamalube OEM cleaning products
- Keeps boats looking like new
- Includes microfiber towel, bone sponge, wax applicator pad, was removal pad